- In The News
Merle Haggard to open Piney Woods Fine Arts 24th season Sept. 1
The Piney Woods Fine Arts Association is gearing up for its 24th year of bringing the best in the performing arts to East Texas.Continued ...
- Supporting local growers
- Chamber hears vision behind YMCA soccer complex: economic impact highlighted
- Merle Haggard to open Piney Woods Fine Arts 24th season Sept. 1
- Local News
Dogwood Jamboree Talent Search auditions set Saturday, Aug. 9
In preparation for its Aug. 16 show, “Sensational Country,” Dogwood Jamboree organizers have announced the next round of auditions for its Youth Talent Search contest, set for 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Aug. 9 at the Palestine Civic Center.Continued ...
- Anderson County Commissioners to discuss holiday pay policy at Monday meeting
- Palestine City Council to hold hearing on annexation of city manager's property
- Jamie's Therapeutic Touch to celebrate 10 years in business
- Dogwood Jamboree Talent Search auditions set Saturday, Aug. 9
- Local Sports
H.S. Sports: Elkhart football looks to this season with high hopes
This season’s football team at Elkhart might look a bit different from last year’s.
Elkhart had several solid players leave due to graduation, including Jeffrey Wilson who will play football at the University of North Texas in the fall. Despite that, the Elks are coming into the season with high hopes because they are returning 24 players from last year’s team.Continued ...
- H.S. Sports: Cayuga football looks to coach Holden for guidance this season
- Column: How will the Dallas Mavericks fare this season?
- H.S. Sports: Elkhart football looks to this season with high hopes
Cooking with Simon: Stomp grapes and eat Texas food
If you’re picking up the newspaper on Saturday, you still have a chance to come out to Sabor a Pasion and celebrate the grape harvest at the 2nd Annual Charity Grape Stomp.Continued ...
- Two decades of storytelling
- At the Movies: 'Begin Again' — Fresh tale creates appeal
- Cooking with Simon: Stomp grapes and eat Texas food