• “Somebody’s Gotta Say It” by Neal Boortz – “Full of irresistible wisecracks and irrefutable libertarian wisdom, [this book} is one man’s response to America at a time when the government overreaches, the people under perform, and the truth hurts.”
• “Mutual Funds for Dummies” by Eric Tyson, MBA – Love these Dummies books! Chocked full of tips and good advice, starting with “Fix your finances first” and “Keep a long-term perspective.”
• “Ludicrous Laws and Mindless Misdemeanors: The Silliest Lawsuits and Unruliest Rulings of all Times” by Lance S, Davidson – The title says it all!
• “Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist’s Guide to Global Warming” by Bjorn Lomborg – The author was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time Magazine in 2004. He started the Copenhagen Consensus, a conference of top economists who come together to prioritize the best solutions for the world’s greatest challenges. A different approach!
• “Merchant of Death: Money, Guns, Planes, and the Man Who Makes War Possible” by Douglas Farah and Stephen Braun – This is the true story of Victor Bout who emerged from post-Soviet intelligence background and quietly amassed a huge fleet of aging Russian cargo planes. His intelligence contacts, aircraft, and access to sophisticated weapons helped him forge lethal alliances across the Third World. He has changed the way modern warfare is fought.
• “Amish Grace: How Forgiveness Transcended Tragedy” by Donald B. Kraybill, Steven M Nolt, and David L. Weaver-Zercher – This is the true story of the Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania Amish community that suffered school shootings in October 2006.
• “Earth Then and Now: Amazing Images of Our Changing World” by Fred Pearce – And the pictures are amazing! See before and after pictures of erosion, floods, skylines, and more. Fascinating!
• “Overcoming Crystal Meth Addiction: An Essential Guide to Getting Clean” by Seven J. Lee, MD – The author takes the reader through understanding the drug, understanding addiction, how to stop using, and how to stay clean.