COOKING WITH SIMON: Fighting the cold with winter comfort food
Welcome to a very cold 2014. What a winter we’re having, and doesn’t it make you crave comfort food? You know, the good and hearty kind that reminds us of childhood winters with mum and dad.
- THE EAST TEXAN ADVICE COLUMN: Nacho recipe
- INSTANT MESSAGE: Sing a new song to God
COOKING WITH SIMON: A new year with a new start
It comes around so quickly and with it comes new food finds and new creations. 2013 was a year of great events at Sabor a Pasion and with 2014 at my door, there are many great changes coming our way.
It's been ten years since I came to Texas and a small town called Palestine, and in that time I’ve seen many restaurants come and go. I have also talked at many schools and local community events to help promote food, travel, healthy eating, and what it's like to be an international chef. Of course, the most popular question everyone wants to know, “Why are you in Palestine?”
- THE EAST TEXAN ADVICE COLUMN: Tantrumonial outburst
- LIFE BEHIND THE PINE CURTAIN: Advice from Will Rogers
- INSTANT MESSAGE: The prince of peace
COOKING WITH SIMON: Feed a cold with comfort food
Lately when I’ve been out grocery shopping several people have been stopping me to ask questions about food and the recipes in the newspaper. It’s great talking to everyone and makes shopping fun.
- LIFE BEHIND THE PINE CURTAINS: East Texas confidence cannot be shaken
- INSTANT MESSAGE: Advent – God’s good news
- More Columns Headlines
- COOKING WITH SIMON: Fighting the cold with winter comfort food