COOKING WITH SIMON: Food as art
As many of you know I was born in England and immigrated to New Zealand as a child. I was never much of a student when it came to math, science and the usual things.
- COOKING WITH SIMON: Simple Caesar salad with a twist
COOKING WITH SIMON: Keep Your Cool with Summer Desserts
Temperatures are finally on the rise and while the heat hasn’t set in yet, soon we’ll be longing for something cool.
In the summer heat there is nothing better than a light dessert. Plus we are all trying to cut back on sugar and take advantage of East Texas fresh fruit.
- COOKING WITH SIMON: Get Ready to Grill
- COOKING WITH SIMON: The great flavor of the Lone Star State
COOKING WITH SIMON: The secret to great tasting spring lamb
Spring is in full swing and pretty soon summer will be on our doorstep. But while we still have some mild temperatures and cooler nights, now is the time to plant some vegetables and herbs.
- Childcare conference to benefit parents, caregivers
Family keeps faith despite struggles
Sometimes in life we forget to take time to see the everyday miracles in our faith, friends and family.
For one local family, the last few months have been a testament to their faith.
- 6-4 Apparently So parenting column by Craig Harris Today, about half of the children in the United States live in a household where a divorce has occurred. This is not the end of the world; you and I can think of worse things happening, but divorce adds another layer of challenges to the lives of the children.
- 5-28 Apparently So parenting column by Craig Harris I think I may be getting through to my kids. I have a favorite new phrase that I say to them all the time: "You tell me that wasn’t designed." You see, to me, one of the strongest arguments for God’s existence is the argument by design. The argument states that since the universe and all that is in it was obviously designed by an intelligent being, there must be a designer; and that designer is God.
- More Family Headlines
- COOKING WITH SIMON: Food as art