The City of Palestine will hold their first council meeting of the new year on Monday, beginning with the work session at 4:30 p.m. and the regular meeting at 5:30 p.m.
The meeting will be held at Palestine City Hall, located at 504 N. Queen St. in Palestine.
During the work session, the council will discuss the cost and effectiveness of YMCA employee
membership benefits and fundraising efforts for the Palestine Police Department K-9 program.
During the regular meeting, the council will hear a presentation on the Palestine Drug Enforcement Unit.
Other items on the agenda include the following:
• Consider the approval of a contract between the City of Palestine and Palestine YMCA
• Consider the approval of an expenditure to repair Raw Water Service Pump # 2 (300HP) at the Raw Water Pump Station
• Consider the approval of an expenditure to build an office suite for Sanderson Farms at Palestine Mall
• Consider the approval of a lease agreement with Sanderson Farms at Palestine Mall
• Consider authorizing the city manager to enter into a contract with Texas School Safety Center Tobacco Program