Palestine Independent School District Superintendent Jason Marshall’s evaluation and contract will be discussed in closed session during the PISD Board of Trustees meeting today.
The closed session will start at 6 p.m., followed by the regular meeting at 7 p.m. at the PISD Administrative Offices Board Room, 1007 E. Park Ave.
Performance of the district administration also will be held in closed session. All final votes, actions and decisions will be considered in open session.
Other items on the agenda include:
• RECOGNIZE PHS athletes named to the 2012 All State Football Team
• RECOGNIZE Junior Rotarians from December, Lesly Rubalcava and Kaleb Garcia; and January, Bianca Garcia and Gregory Albright.
• RECOGNIZE PHS Students of the Month including December students Virginia Thigpen and Kody Harris and January students Callie Flynn and Kevin Looney
• RECOGNIZE PISD Board of Trustees in Observance of School Board Appreciation Month
• HEAR construction update.
• HEAR financial report.
• CONSIDER approval of the 2011-12 financial audit report by Smith, Lambright and Associates, P.C.
• CONSIDER consent items.
• HEAR from Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services on 2011-12 Academic Excellence Indicator System (AEIS) Report and 2012-2013 academic plans and mid-year preparations for STAAR Testing.
• CONSIDER adoption of resolution to suspend the portion of District Local Policy EIA regarding the end of course 15 percent provision for the 2012-2013 school year.
• CONSIDER hiring professional personnel and superintendent’s contract.
• CONSIDER approval of interlocal agreement between PISD and Region 7 Head Start Program.
• CONSIDER adopting Anderson County Legislative Platform for the Texas 83rd Legislative Session.
• HEAR superintendent’s report on: enrollment; district calendar for February; update on legislative session and school finance trial; update on district safety plan; TASA Midwinter Conference set Sunday through Wednesday in Austin; and any other updates.