Anderson County Commissioners will hold a regular meeting at 9:30 a.m. Monday in the county courtroom at the Anderson County Courthouse Annex, located at 703 N. Mallard St. in Palestine.
Items on the agenda include:
• Approve minutes of previous meetings.
• Hear reports from county officials.
• Budget amendments, consider approving bills and approve utility crossing county roads.
• Discussion and possible action on approval of a tax abatement contract between Anderson County and Apex Bethel Energy Center LLC for the value of improvements to be placed on property in the established reinvestment zone for the purpose of operating a compressed air energy storage facility.
• Discuss and take action to allow the county judge to sign the amendment to the agreement between Union Pacific Railroad and the City of Palestine.
• Receive District Judges’ Order setting salaries for County Auditor’s Office and Court Reporters and order that they be paid.
• Consider and take action on the transfer of a 2001 Jeep Cherokee from the Precinct 4 Constable’s office to the sheriff’s office.
• Discuss the 2014 insurance plan and take action as necessary.
• Discuss and take action on the appointment of Gary Douglas to serve as a director on the Neches & Trinity Valleys Groundwater Conservation District Board beginning Jan. 1, 2014.
• Consider and take action on inter-local agreement with the City of Elkhart for Precinct 1.
• Discuss inter-local agreement with the City of Frankston and take action as necessary.
• Consider and take action on the definition of a part-time employee.
• Review the sheriff and constable fees for 2014 and take action as necessary.
• Present Anderson County Annual Road Report for Precincts 1-4 and take action as necessary.
• Adjourn into Executive Session pursuant to Texas Government Code 551.074 to discuss personnel matters.
• Reconvene into Open Session.
• Consider and take action if necessary on personnel matters discussed in Executive Session.