• APPROVED pay amount for unused faculty local leave days for the 2013-14 school year. It has been WISD's practice the past few years to pay $50 per day to each teacher who did not use all of their local leave days. The practice is meant to encourage teachers to remain in the classroom and provide quality instruction. According to the records as of Monday, 75 teachers did not use their local leave days. The district will pay for un-used leave days for a total cost of the district of about $8,450. This will be paid in the teacher's July paycheck.
• APPROVED supply bids, student insurance bids for 2014-15 and will continue using Region VII Education Service Center purchasing cooperative for food service bids during the 2014-15 school year. The 2014-15 student contract with Texas Student Resources was approved. Pricing will go up slightly with last year's cost of $9,441 and this year's cost of $10,441.
• REVIEWED yearly fund-raising/accounting reports from student groups.
• AUTHORIZED Superintendent Dr. Ed Lyman to “fast track” hiring authority from June 10 to Aug. 31.
• REVIEWED the Response to Intervention plans for the district and campuses.
• REVIEWED writing and reading initiatives for each campus.
• APPROVED the consent agenda which included the minutes of the May 12 school board meeting; May tax report; and fund-raisers for next school year.
• CERTIFIED Superintendent Dr. Ed Lyman to the ESC 7 Regional Advisory Committee.
• TABLED committee assignments for board members.