By CHERIL VERNON
Leaders including First Lady Laura Bush and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, a Nobel a laureate and human rights activist, will speak during a special leadership event broadcast live from Atlanta, Ga. to hundreds of sites around the world, including Palestine.
The Palestine Area Chamber of Commerce will offer the world-wide “Leadercast” simulcast event locally from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday at Ben E. Keith Community Room, located at 2019 W. Oak St. in Palestine.
“This is one of our most popular events of the year,” Chamber Executive director Marc Mitchell said. “Participants will be empowered with growth insights from world leaders. You can expect to be challenged, inspired and encouraged!”
Leadercast exists to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership. This year’s theme “Beyond You” challenges leaders to focus outward rather than inward. Last year, more than 100,000 leaders from 14 countries attended Leadercast. Now, in its 15th year, this full-day conference is on track to reach its largest audience to date.
This year’s speaker lineup includes:
• Andy Stanley, leadership author and communicator
• Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel laureate and human rights activist
• Malcolm Gladwell, journalist and best-selling author of “The Tipping Point” and “Outliers”
• Randall Wallace, screenwriter, director, producer and songwriter (Braveheart,Secretariat)
• Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP, a market leader in enterprise application software
• Laura Schroff, former ad sale executive and best-selling author of “An Invisible Thread”
• Dr. Henry Cloud, clinical psychologist and leadership consultant
• Simon Sinek, best-selling author of “Start with Why” and leadership expert
• Laura Bush, First Lady of the United States (2001-2009)
Cost to attend leadercast is $30 per person and includes breakfast and lunch. Space is limited. This is the fourth year the chamber has sponsored the event.
To RSVP, or for more information, contact the Palestine Area Chamber of Commerce at 903-729-6066 or email@example.com.