In other business, the board:
• APPROVED the consent agenda, which included the minutes of the July 23 regular board meeting, July tax report, 2013-14 teacher appraisal calendar and fund-raisers.
• HIRED under “fast track”: Elementary, Roy Dalton; Junior High School, Barbara Bolestridge, art; and Anthony DeGrate, physical education/coach.
• ADOPTED the Code of Conduct and acknowledged changes to the student and employee handbooks, including changes to the jury duty compensation in the employee handbook. In the student handbook, one of the changes was to allow any solid non-neon color collared polo to be worn by students.
• AUTHORIZED the district to go out for outside bids for the concession stand at the softball field and tennis courts as part of architectural plans for fall improvements
• HEARD Federal Program Report on Title programs.
• APPOINTED Dr. Carolyn Booker as the delegate to the Texas Association of School Board legislative council. Dr. Don Rice will be the alternate delegate.