The Action Fund, a program of Texas Area Fund Foundation, will present an informational meeting on the 2014 grant application process for local non-profit organizations interested in applying for an Action Fund Grant.
The meeting will be held from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 24 at the Ben E. Keith Community Room, located at 2019 W. Oak St. in Palestine.
A short program at 4 p.m. will explain the grant process to the 501(c)(3) nonprofits in attendance and light refreshments will be served.
Anderson County non-profits are invited to apply for a grant from The Action Fund and attend the information meeting. The purpose is to help local nonprofits understand the types of grant proposals fund board members are looking for and guide them through the application process.
The purpose of The Action Fund is to unify the community in a collective effort to address the needs of the city and county.
“By pooling resources, contributions will be made to fund these efforts through high impact gifts awarded through grants that can affect significant and positive change,” a news release said.
The Action Fund provides grant support for:
• Human Services
• Art & Culture
• Preservation & Beautification
“These grants will provide support for creative and sustainable projects or programs that strengthen the effectiveness and missions of nonprofit organizations in Palestine/Anderson County,” the news release said.
Funds collected in a given calendar year will be dispersed early in the following calendar year.
• The project must significantly impact the lives of individuals and families.
• Funded projects or services must be provided primarily in Palestine/Anderson County.
• Applicants must be tax exempt, non-profit organizations with a community-based board of governance.
• Services must be available to citizens of the community without discrimination.
• The organization must demonstrate the ability to sustain the project.
• Only projects which have competent leadership and a workable plan will be considered.
The Action Fund will not generally fund the following:
• Grants to individuals.
• Budget deficits/debt retirement or restructuring.
• Capital Campaigns.
• General Operating expenses for current projects.
• Political or lobbying activities.
• Religious/sectarian causes for strictly religious or sectarian purposes.
Please RSVP to Linda Dickens at 903-724-3435 or e-mail email@example.com. For more information, visit the website www.taffactionfund.org