• Lieutenant Governor — Republicans David Dewhurst of Houston (incumbent), Jerry Patterson (current General Land Office commissioner), Todd Staples of Palestine (current Commissioner of Agriculture) and Dan Patrick of Houston; Democrat (and current state senator for the 26th District) Leticia Van de Putte of San Antonio.
• Attorney General — Republicans Barry Smitherman of Houston (current Texas Railroad Commissioner), Dan Branch of Dallas and Ken Paxton; Democrat Sam Houston of Houston.
• Comptroller — Republicans Harvey Hilderbran of Kerrville, Raul Torres of Corpus Christi, Glenn Hegar of Katy and Debra Medina of Wharton; Democrat Mike Collier of Kingwood.
• Commissioner of Agriculture — Republicans Eric Opiela, Joe Cotten, J. Allen Carnes of Uvalde, Sid Miller of Stephenville and Tommy Merritt of Longview; Democrats Jim Hogan of Cleburne, Richard “Kinky” Friedman of Austin and Hugh Asa Fitzsimons III of San Antonio.
• Commissioner of General Land Office (currently held by Patterson) — Democrat John Cook of El Paso; Republicans David Watts of Judson and George P. Bush of Austin.
• State Railroad Commissioner — Republicans Malachi Boyuls, Becky Berger, Ryan Sitton of Houston and Wayne Christian of Center; Democrat Steve Brown of Missouri City.
• Texas Supreme Court, Chief Justice — Republican Nathan Hecht (incumbent).
• Texas Supreme Court, Place 6 — Democrat Lawrence Edward Meyers of Fort Worth
• Texas Supreme Court, Place 7 — Republican Jeffrey S. Boyd of Austin; Democrat Gina Benavides of McAllen
• Texas Supreme Court, Place 8 — Republican Phil Johnson of Austin (incumbent )
• Chief Justice of Court of Appeals, 12th Court of Appeals (Tyler) — Republican James T. Worthen of Big Sandy (Incumbent)
• Texas Court of Criminal Appeals Judge, Place 3 — Republican Bert Richardson; Democrat John Granberg of El Paso
No filings were reported for the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals Judges in Places 4 and 9, currently held by Paul Womack and Cathy Cochran, respectively.
• U.S. Representative, 5th Congressional District — Republican Jeb Hensarling of Dallas (incumbent)
• U.S. Senate — Republicans John Cornyn (incumbent), Linda Vega, Reid Reasor, Chris Mapp of Port O'Connor, Steve Stockman of Webster, Ken Cope, Curt Cleaver of Keller and Dwayne Stovall; Democrats Maxey Marie Scherr of El Paso, Michael “Fjet” Fjetland of Sugar Land, Kesha Rogers of Houston, David M. Alameel of Dallas and Harry Kim of Midland.
For more information about elections and candidate filings, visit the Elections page for Anderson County here: http://www.co.anderson.tx.us. Other links include www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates or www.votetexas.gov