By CHERIL VERNON
Several Palestine High School graduating classes are hosting their own reunions in October including the following years: 1953, 1958, 1968, 1978, 1983 and 1993.
Here is information about each of these reunions:
• PHS Class of 1983 — The PHS Class of 1983 will hold its 30-year class reunion on Oct. 4-6. The cost is $30 for singles and $40 for couples. The cost does include the dinner and the Class of 1983 T-shirt.
For information, call Delois Pinson at 903-391-1125; or Randall Young or Linda Baker on Facebook.
• PHS Class of 1968 — The PHS Class of 1968 is planning a 45th class reunion on Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26.
All former members of our class throughout the years are welcomed and invited to attend, as are any former teachers. Casual dress is requested. Class photos will be taken and a reunion CD containing contact information on classmates will be available. PHS Wildcats Class of ‘68 T-shirts and caps will be sold. Prepaid advance orders will be available on Friday evening.
Reunion plans include an informal gathering and class meeting from 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 25 at the Ben E. Keith meeting room at 2019 W. Oak St. A fund-raiser for the Jubela-Presley Scholarship Foundation also will be held.
Plans for Saturday evening include a dinner and dance at John H. Reagan School from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. A program will begin at 7 p.m. followed by dinner catered by Bishop’s Brisket House. A special observance will be conducted in memory of deceased classmates, teachers and school staff. Live music will be provided by the Elektratones from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. The floor will be set up with an area for dancing. Dress for the evening will be casual.
The cost is $75 per couple or $35 per single. For reservations, make check payable to PHS Class of ‘68 and mail to Sherry and Bill Brown; PHS Class of ‘68; 6864 ACR 403, Palestine, Texas 75801.
To get more information, contact Sherry and Bill Brown at 903-549-2445 or by email at email@example.com or Millye or Don Bailey at 903-729-7470 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A limited number of block reservations at LaQuinta Inn and Suites have been set aside with special rates. For information, contact Susan Bowermaster Tillery at 903-764-5276 or by email at email@example.com.
The reunion organizers are still trying to locate some of their classmates. Anyone with information on the following students is asked to call Don or Millye Bailey: Allen Brent, Cheryl Cormier, Charlotte Cowart, Brenda Cox, Sandra Fitzpatrick, Jimmie Gibbs, Goldberg Hamilton, Robert Hickman, Rebecca Holloway, Leon Jones, Linda Kelley, Danny Milam, James Mims, Judy Moses Parker, Pam Paschall Jones, Gregory Shaw, Raymond Stanley, Barbara Thomas, Ronald Thornton, Kathleen Vaughn, IQ Watkins and Linda Kay Williams.
• PHS Class of 1978— The PHS Class of 1978 will be celebrating its 35th reunion on Oct. 4-5.
On Friday, Oct. 4, a meet-and-greet will be held at the host hotel, Comfort Suites. Homecoming festivities begin at 7 p.m. for classmates interested in attending the game.
Saturday, Oct. 5 will start with a tour of the newly renovated high school followed by a noon gathering at the Reagan Park pavilion. Bring your lunch and enjoy catching up.
The reunion will conclude with light snacks and dancing at the Ben E. Keith Community Room.
For more information or to register visit the reunion website www.palestinehsclass78.weebly.com. Registration forms can be mailed to PHS Class of ‘78, P.O. Box 1853, Palestine, Texas 75802.
For more information, call 903-373-5015 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• PHS Class of 1993 — The PHS Class of 1993’s 20th reunion will be held homecoming weekend on Oct. 4-5.
All former classmates from the Class of 1993 and teachers who taught during that time are invited to attend.
More information about the reunion is available on the Palestine ISD website at www.palestineschools.org or by calling Lisa Terry Schmitt at 512-415-8067.
• PHS Class of 1958 — The PHS class of 1958 will be celebrating its 55th class reunion from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19 at Bella Sera Ranch.
Help is needed to find the following classmates: David Moore, Tim Pixley, Nancy Pugh Alexander, Joan Metts, Margie Wilson, Charles Ray Thomas, John Coalson, Patricia Collie, Sylvia Coalman, Francis Rhodes, Randall McCally, Elizabeth Berryhill, Charlotte Chambers, Mary Jo Harris, Barbara Henson, Wade Linder, Margie Turner, Martha Yarbrough and James Walding.
If you have any information or have not gotten your registration letter in, call Janice at 903-729-5240.
• PHS Class of 1953 — The PHS Class of 1953 will be celebrating its 60th reunion on Friday, Sept. 27 and Saturday, Sept. 28. The plans include a “meet-and-greet” gathering on Friday at the Hampton Inn. Saturday’s plans include a breakfast at 9 a.m. followed by tours of the newly renovated high school building, the Texas Theater and other familiar locations of the past. The reunion will be concluded on Saturday evening with dinner and dancing at the Harvey Women’s Club.
Response has been good thus far, however there are several class members that have not been located.
If you can provide information on the following students, call Dorothy Oldham at 903-723-1261. They are: Jo Anne Farrow, Paul Greer, Janice Hazelwood, June Harris, Weldon Hightower, J.V. Kelly, Alvin Light, Joy McKenzie, Laura Beth Nall, Barbara Roy, Billy Valentine and Olive Walston.