PALESTINE — Several Halloween and alternatives such as fall festivals and Trunk-or-Treat events are planned this weekend and throughout next week in the Palestine and Elkhart areas.
The Palestine Fire Department will continue its fourth annual Fright Night haunted house from 7 p.m. to midnight today and Saturday and then one last time on Halloween on Thursday.
The haunted house is located in the old garment factory at 3600 W. Oak St. in Palestine. Check out the event's website, www.palestinefrightnight.com for directions.
Admission is $10, or half-price to any patron who helps “scare out hunger'” by bringing two canned goods to donate to local food banks or a bag of dry pet food to donate to the county animal shelter.
This year's event also added several drawings for prizes including a date night gift package and a flat screen television.
Proceeds of Fright Night benefit the Palestine Firefighters Association.
Here is a list of other events going on now through Hallween:
Saturday, Oct. 26
• Crockett Road Church of Christ will hold its annual “Fall Fest” from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the home of Clint and Jonna Satterwhite. Booths, food and entertainment, as well as a campfire devotional will be a part of the activities.
• Triple S Cowboy Church will hold its Fall Fest from 4 to 10 p.m. Saturday at its new location under the big tent on church’s land at 755 U.S. 287 N. across the highway from the Anderson County Youth Livestock Expo Center.
• Dogwood Hills Baptist Church, located at 3400 N. U.S. Hwy. 79, will hold its annual Fall Fest from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday. Chili dogs will be available, and there will be games of all kinds and a hay ride for the kids.
• Tabernacle Baptist Church — Tabernacle Baptist Church in Elkhart/Redtown, will host Fun Fest at 5 p.m. Saturday. There will be lots of booth activities and candy. The event is free.
Wednesday, Oct. 30
• Crockett Road Church of Christ will host “Truck and Treat” after evening worship services on Wednesday in the church parking lot.
• The Palestine Ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will host “Trunk-Or-Treat” from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Chapel parking lot. Admission is free.
• New Life Worship Center of Palestine will hold its annual Family Fun Fest at 6 p.m. on Wednesday at the church. Game booths, food concessions, bounce houses and more are part of the event. The church is located at 104 Cedarvale St., across U.S. 79 from Westwood High School.
Thursday, Oct. 31
• Southside Baptist Church ’s annual Fall Festival — an alternative to trick-or-treat — will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday on the Sierra Drive parking lot. There will be free games, candy, face painting, inflatables, food and more.
• FBC Palestine — The church's annual Fall Festival is from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday in the FBCP parking lot and includes games and candy. Children through fifth grade are invited and must be accompanied by an adult.
• Dogwood Trails Assisted Living & Memory Care is inviting children to stop by to trick-or-treat from 6 to 8 p.m. The facility is located at 1625 W. Spring St.
• Freedom Fellowship Church — A Fall Festival featuring game booths, prizes, cookies, cakes, drinks and lots of candy, will be held Thursday night. The church is located at 125 Kickapoo St. Call 903-729-1310 for more details.
• First United Methodist Church — The church will host a Trunk or Treat in the church parking lot on Thursday. Children are invited to wear costumes and enjoy games and treats. FUMC Palestine is located at 422 Magnolia St. For more information, visit www.fumcpalestine.org or call the church office at 903-729-6205.
• Court Drive Church of Christ will hold its annual “Trunk or Treat” event on Thursday. The church is located at 1434 Court Dr. in Palestine. For more information, call 903-729-0196 or visit www.courtdrivechurch.org.
• FBC Neches will host a “Trunk or Treat” at 5 p.m. Thursday in the church parking lot. For more information call 903-584-3453. The church is located at 200 Anderson St.
• First Congregational Methodist Church of Elkhart, located at 510 U.S. 287 in Elkhart, will hold a Halloween Bash from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday. There will be free games and food. For more information, call 903-764-5618 or visit www.facebook.com/fcmcofelkhart
• FBC Elkhart will hosts its annual Great Pumpkin Party, for children ages 1-12, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday. The free event includes slides, bounce houses, games, booths, candy and food. Non-scary costumes, please.