• The Palestine Ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will host “Trunk-Or-Treat” from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Chapel parking lot. Admission is free.
• New Life Worship Center of Palestine will hold its annual Family Fun Fest at 6 p.m. at the church. Game booths, food concessions, bounce houses and more are part of the event. The church is located at 104 Cedarvale St., across U.S. 79 from Westwood High School.
• The Palestine Fire Department will open its doors for the last time for its Fright Night haunted house from 7 p.m. to midnight on Halloween. The haunted house is located in the old garment factory at 3600 W. Oak St. in Palestine. Check out the event's website, www.palestinefrightnight.com for directions.
Admission is $10, or half-price to any patron who helps “scare out hunger'” by bringing two canned goods to donate to local food banks or a bag of dry pet food to donate to the county animal shelter. Proceeds of Fright Night benefit the Palestine Firefighters Association.
• Southside Baptist Church’s annual Fall Festival — an alternative to trick-or-treat — will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday on the Sierra Drive parking lot. There will be free games, candy, face painting, inflatables, food and more.
• FBC Palestine — The church's annual Fall Festival is from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday in the FBCP parking lot and includes games and candy. Children through fifth grade are invited and must be accompanied by an adult.
• Dogwood Trails Assisted Living & Memory Care is inviting children to stop by to trick-or-treat from 6 to 8 p.m. The facility is located at 1625 W. Spring St.
• Freedom Fellowship Church — A Fall Festival featuring game booths, prizes, cookies, cakes, drinks and lots of candy, will be held Thursday night. The church is located at 125 Kickapoo St. Call 903-729-1310 for more details.