Following a brief public hearing on the matter, Anderson County Commissioners agreed to close the end portion of a county road located in Precinct 2 during their regular meeting on Monday.
The closure of a 975-foot “end portion” of ACR 2219 was first brought to commissioners at the Feb. 24 meeting, with Precinct 2 Commissioner Rashad Q. Mims I explaining that part of the road was only accessed by two property owners.
No one spoke either for or against the closure of the road during the public hearing, with commissioners subsequently approving its closure.
ACR 2219 is located in the Tennessee Colony area south west of U.S. 287 North.
Also on Monday, commissioners:
• APPROVED bills.
• ADOPTED Proclamation P-1-2014 declaring March 16-22 as Poison Awareness Week.
• APPROVED the receipt of money from the Regional Advisory Council for the purchase of equipment related to the Medical Reserve Corp.
• REVIEWED and made no changes to the Anderson County Investment Policy.
• APPROVED the resolution for the sale of property held by Elkhart Independent School District — a 9.72-acre tract identified as Block 1033, Tract 5, part of the Joseph Kennedy Survey, Abstract No. A456, as described in warranty deed recorded in Volume 967, Page 871, on instrument filed July 27, 1982, Anderson County — and being further identified on the tax rolls and records of Elkhart ISD.
• TABLED action on leasing Caterpillars for the county road and bridge departments from Buy Board with a 3-year lease agreement.