Project Show General Rules & Guidelines
1. There will be four age divisions: Pee-wee (age 5-7), Junior (age 8-13), Senior (age 14-19), Adults (age 20 and up). All ages are as of Aug. 31 of the current year.
2. Entries must have been made by the exhibitor during the past 12 months. The exception is Collections and Container Plants, which must be owned by the exhibitor at least three months before the show.
3. An individual may have one entry in each class of a division.
4. All exhibits must remain in place until released according to the schedule. Items left past the official pick up time become property of the Project Show committee and will be disposed of as seen fit.
5. Please note that items will be on display to the public during the show. The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Anderson County 4-H, and members of the Project Show Committee are not responsible for loss, damage or theft of any item. It is recommended that collections be presented in a tamper proof container.
6. All entries must be clearly labeled with the name, age division, telephone number, division and class (example: Division I. Baking/Class 2. Pies). Place labels securely on the back of each item, where information is not visible during judging.
7. In each class, entries will be placed and awarded blue (1st), red (2nd), white (3rd) or participant ribbons. One blue ribbon entry will be chosen from each division to receive Division Champion. All division champions will compete to win Best of Show. Pee-wee entries receive participation ribbons only.
8. Grand Champion Projects will be awarded for Junior, Senior & Adult. One “Best of Show” will be awarded.
9. 4-H Sweepstakes Awards — A Senior and Junior Sweepstakes Award will be awarded to the high point 4-H participants in the Project Show. Point values used for sweepstakes will be as follows: Division Champion, 5; Blue Ribbon, 3; Red Ribbon, 2; White Ribbon, 1.