DAY 8, THURSDAY, JULY 25
• SewWhat! Christmas in July Banner Project — 9 a.m. to noon. Come make a “Dear Santa” door banner! Finished size is 26"x46" Class is $50 and includes all supplies and material. For reservations: 903-729-2889. Location: Sew What!, 619 W. Oak St.
• Trim The Tree — noon, specialty tree display at the Palestine Mall, featuring community organizations. Location: Palestine Mall, 2000 S. Loop 256.
• Cooking Under The Tuscan Sun — Italian Cooking Class — 6 p.m. Chef Simon Webster and Tyler Morning Telegraph Food Editor Christine Gardner transports you from East Texas to Tuscany with authentic Italian recipes and wines. Reservations required. $50 per person, advance payment required. Reservations: 903-729-9500. Location: Sabor a Pasion Country House & Bistro, 100 ACR 406.
DAY 9, FRIDAY, JULY 26
• Holiday Shopping on Palestine Main Street — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Downtown, Old Town and the Courthouse Square offer historic architecture, shopping, antiques, restaurants and more. Enjoy “Christmas in July” specials at select retailers.
• Piney Woods Steam Excursion on The Texas State Railroad — 11 a.m. departure from the Palestine Depot. For tickets contact the Texas State Railroad at 877-726-7245. Location: Texas State Railroad Palestine Depot, 789 Park Road 70.
• Women who Wine for Holiday Food & Wine — 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. A varied selection of the wine of the month (Sparkling and Champagne) will be provided as well as Chef Christian's exceptional holiday themed hot and cold hors d'oeuvres paired to perfectly complement the wine. Tasting notes and a brief overview of the featured wine will be provided. Cost $35 per person. Reservations required: 903-723-2404. Location: Red Fire Grille, 400 N. Queen St.
• Pop-Up Art Gallery — noon to 6 p.m. An innovative gallery that will “pop-up” for one weekend, featuring local and regional artists, and then disappear until Christmas. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. For more information contact the Visitor Center at 903-723-3014 (Opening Reception from 4 to 6 p.m.). Location: 112 W. Oak St.
• Granny Time at Granny Muffin Wines — 5 to 7 p.m. Join Granny Muffin for Happy Hour at the winery, located in historic, downtown. Location: Granny Muffin Wines, 301 W Oak St.
• Logan Strong Live at Sweet Dreams Winery — 5 to 7 p.m. Location: Sweet Dreams Winery, 2549 ACR 441.
• “Annie, The Musical” — The Palestine Community Theatre’s “Annie, The Musical, live at the Texas Theater. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. For tickets, call 903-723-8383. Location: Texas Theater, 213 W. Crawford St.