The Palestine City Council will hold a worksession at 4:30 p.m. Monday, followed by a regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. in city council chambers, located at 504 Queen St. in Palestine.
During the worksession, the council will discuss city alcohol permit fees and sign ordinance amendments.
Regular meeting agenda items include:
• Recognition of citizen David Gomez-Leon for assisting the police department during a call involving a school bus and recognition of Certified Public Manager Graduate Greg Laudadio.
• The Mayor’s Report.
• The City Manager’s Report, which includes the Audit Response Status Report, Supplemental Racial Profiling Report, Preliminary Evidence Inventory Report, Departmental Reports and a Hot Pepper Festival Report.
• Open bids for Phase IIB Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation (Bid No. B2013-05).
• The Consent Agenda, which includes minutes of the worksession and regular meeting of Jan. 14 and the approval of the Quarterly Investment Report.
• Consider a resolution relating to the giving of notice of intention to issue City of Palestine, Texas combination tax and revenue certificates of obligation, series 2013 and providing an effective rate.
• Consider authorizing the City Manager to enter into a basic life support cooperative agreement between a first responder organization and emergency medical services.
• Consider and ordinance approving amendments to Article X of the Code of Ordinances entitled Signs.
• Consider the approval of an expenditure to rebuild the Gearbox for the Centrifuge at Town Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant for the amount of $13,731.97.
• Consider an Ordinance amending Section 10-1 of Article 1 of the Palestine Code of Ordinances relating to alcoholic beverages.
• Hear an update on attendance, upcoming activities and future development at the Texas State Railroad.
• In closed session, the council will discuss Project Pico and Project Swiss and take any action necessary in closed session.