By CHERIL VERNON
Palestine Independent School District trustees are expected to hear a report on the district’s FIRST financial rating for 2010-11 during a meeting Monday.
The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., with the board slated to meet in closed session, starting at 6 p.m. Both of the meetings will be held at the PISD’s administrative offices’ board room at 1007 E. Park Ave.
FIRST, or Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas, was created to ensure that school districts and open-enrollment charter schools are held accountable for the quality of their financial management practices and achieve improved performance in the management of their financial resources.
Each school district is rated based on 21 indicators including maintenance of a healthy fund balance, financial disclosure, student to teacher ratio and others. Ratings include: Superior Achievement, Above Standard Achievement, Standard Achievement and Substandard Achievement.
Some of the other items on Monday’s agenda include:
• RECOGNIZE Lauren Shiller and Paul Webb as PHS Students of the Month; and Roxanne Davis and Adam Hobbs as “Junior Rotarians” for the month.
• HEAR a construction update.
• HEAR a Tax Collection Update by Robert Myers of McCreary, Veselka, Bragg & Allen, P.C., Attorneys at Law.
• HEAR presentations from Washington Early Childhood Center, Northside Primary and Southside Elementary.
• CONSIDER approval of Teachscape Teacher Appraisal System for Palestine High School for the 2012-13 school year.
• CONSIDER approval of amended list of Qualified PDAS Appraisers.
• CONSIDER approval of Policy Update 95.
• CONSIDER authorization of designee for the purpose of employee resignations.
• HEAR a report on Strategic Plan Review.
• HEAR a report on counseling resources available for student drug testing program.
• CONSIDER Resolution for Agreement to Expansion of Highway 69 and Highway 79.