Last year’s big Halloween bash — Mall-O-Ween — is returning this year for the second annual event at the Palestine Mall.
Hosted by the City of Palestine, parents are invited to bring children ages 12 and under to Mall-O-Ween from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
“Sponsors will provide booths, games, and of course, lots of candy for the kids,” Mall-O-Ween Event Director Rachel Menjivar said. “This year’s Mall-O-Ween will include door prizes (must be present to win), bounce houses, games, hay rides, a Thriller dance, costume contest beginning at 6:30 p.m. and much more.”
Booths and games will be provided by City of Palestine, Cars of Palestine, Palestine WIC Clinic, Anderson County Champions for Children, Trinity Valley Community College, Landmark Leadership Academy, Palestine YMCA, Living Alternatives of Palestine, Dr. Brandi Ricard and more.
The library will be closed Wednesday in preparation for the event.
Other Halloween and fall festival-type events planned this week include:
• Haunted Little Town Walking Tours and Old Jail Tour — The Haunted Little Town Walking Tours are available at the following times by reservation only: 6 to 7:30 p.m. and 8 to 9:30 p.m. A Special “Locked Up: Jail-Only Tours” will be held from 9:45 to 11 p.m. The full walking tours (about 1 1/2 mile round trip) will include the Anderson County Courthouse, Courthouse Square, Palestine’s City Cemetery and the old Anderson County Jail. Tickets are $20 for the full tour and $10 for the jail-only tour. To make a reservation, buy tickets or for more information, visit www.hauntedlittletown.com or call Jeremy Janz at 951-552-3578.
• 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. — First Baptist Church of Palestine’s Trunk or Treat event, located at 5700 N. Loop 256 next to the Palestine YMCA.
• 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. — Court Drive Church of Christ’s Trunk Or Treat event, located at 1434 Court Drive. Call 903-729-0196 or visit www.courtdrivechurch.org
• 6 to 7:30 p.m. and 8 to 9:30 p.m. — The Haunted Little Town Walking Tours are available at the following times by reservation only: 6 to 7:30 p.m. and 8 to 9:30 p.m. A Special “Locked Up: Jail-Only Tours” will be held from 9:45 to 11 p.m. The full walking tours (about 1 1/2 mile round trip) will include the Anderson County Courthouse, Courthouse Square, Palestine’s City Cemetery and the old Anderson County Jail. Tickets are $20 for the full tour and $10 for the jail-only tour. To make a reservation, buy tickets or for more information, visit www.hauntedlittletown.com or call Jeremy Janz at 951-552-3578.
• 6 to 8 p.m. — Mall-O-Ween, sponsored by the Palestine Public Library and the City of Palestine, Palestine Mall, 2000 South Loop 256. See information above.
• 6 to 8 p.m. — Southside Baptist Church’s annual Fall Festival will be held on the Sierra Drive parking lot. This event is free to the community.
• 6 to 8 p.m. — Sheridan Terrace Baptist Church fall festival will be held in the educational building. Youth and adults will dress as Bible characters, present that lesson to the children and give them appropriate snacks and trinkets. The church is located near Loop 256 W. at U.S. 79S. www.sheridanterrace.com.
• 6 to 8:30 p.m. — New Life Worship Center will hold a Family Fall Festival at 104 Cedarvale St. in Palestine. Bounce houses, obstacle course, games, prizes, hayride, local vendors and more are planned. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chili pie, nachos and more will be available at the concession stand. The event is free and open to the public. The church is located across from Westwood ISD campuses on U.S. 79.
• 6 to 8 p.m. — The Antioch Church Family Fall Fest will be held at The Place Children and Youth Community Center on East Murchison Street — fun and games for the whole family.
• 6 to 8 p.m. — Westwood Baptist Church will hold its fall fest and first 500 to register will receive free hotdog or chili dog or chili pie. The church is located at 1809 Bassett Rd. See web site for details at wbcpalestine.org.
• 6 to 8 p.m. — First United Methodist Church Elkhart will host its annual Trunk or Treat, a safe way to take children trick or treating. Candy, games and hot dogs. For information, call 903-764-2347.
• 6 to 8 p.m. — Dogwood Trails Assisted Living trick-or-treating for kids, 1625 W. Spring St.
• 6:30 p.m. — First United Methodist Church Palestine, 422 S. Magnolia St., will host a Trunk or Treat. Cars will be decorated and parked in the church parking lot. Visit www.fumcpalestine.org to find out more information or contact the church office at 903-729-6205.
• 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. — First Baptist Church, Elkhart will hold the annual Great Pumpkin Party. It is a safe and fun event for ages 1-12, non scary costumes only. Booths, slides, games, food and candy. This is a free community event.
• 7 p.m. — Zoe Ministries Inc. will perform a free concert featuring Terry Fancher, multi-instrumentalist and composer, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, located at 503 N. Queen St.
• 7 p.m. to midnight — The Palestine Firefighter Association annual Fright Night, 3600 W. Oak St. (old garment factory). Admission is $10, but is cut to the event’s previous rate of $5 with the donation of two canned goods. For more information on the event, visit www.palestinefrightnight.com