Palestine-area community business leaders are invited to a one-day leader development event — the 2013 Chick-fil-A® Leadercast® — in Palestine on Friday, May 10 to access the knowledge and experience of world-renowned leaders.
The leadercast will be broadcast live from Atlanta, Ga. to hundreds of sites throughout the nation, including Palestine.
“It is one of the single most consolidated sources of leadership that I know of,” Palestine Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Meghan Hill said. “But it goes beyond that. I think this seminar, although very focused on leadership, transcends the topic and really shows you how to lead in life. This is our third year to host the Chick-fil-A Leadercast and it seems to get better every year!”
Speakers for this year’s event include:
• Jack Welch, former chairman and CEO of General Electric.
• Andy Stanley, best-selling leadership author and communicator.
• Mike Krzyzewski, head men’s basketball coach, Duke University and Team USA.
• John Maxwell, best-selling author and leadership expert.
• Dr. Henry Cloud, best-selling author and leadership consultant.
• LCDR Rorke Denver, Navy SEAL and star of the 2012 movie Act of Valor.
• Sanya Richards-Ross, 2012 London Olympic gold medalist, track & field.
• David Allen, best-selling author of Getting Things Done and productivity expert.
• Condolezza Rice, Secretary of State (2005-2009), via exclusive Simply Lead video interview.
Last year, more than 100,000 leaders from 14 countries attended Chick-fil-A® Leadercast®. In its 14th year, this full day, experiential conference is predicted to reach its largest audience to date.
“This year our program will focus on the idea of simply leading. Our lives are full of things that we think will grow our businesses and increase our influence. What if there was potential impact in simplifying our lives so that our leadership could thrive?” a Leadercasat news release said. “Leading in a complex world requires simplicity to cut through the clutter. This diverse group of internationally-acclaimed authors, leadership experts and practitioners will share insights to help leaders learn how to Simply Lead.”
For more information about Chick-fil-A® Leadercast®, visit www.chick-fil-aleadercast.com. For local ticketing information, call 903-729-6066. Tickets are $30 and are limited.