Do you enjoy traveling abroad?
The Rotary Club of Palestine is currently seeking applicants for an all-expense-paid trip to Brazil next spring.
The five-person team will travel in Sao Paulo State, Brazil from May 11 to June 10, 2014, as guests of local Rotarians and Rotary District 4540.
Offered by Rotary International and Rotary District 5910, this Group Study Exchange program promotes international understanding through organized travel and personal contact. It provides travel grants for teams of business and professional women and men to visit the host country.
This program provides each participant a chance to study professions and practices in the host country, and to develop personal relationships and the ability to exchange ideas for years to come.
“Individuals who participate in this experience will return home not only with new perspectives and an enlarged vision, but with fresh ideas and an understanding of another nation’s culture, commerce and government that can be invaluable to the future of a company, organization and individual,” a Rotary news release said.
A GSE team consists of four non-Rotarian business or professional persons and a Rotarian team leader. The non-Rotarian applicants must:
• Be committed to remaining in the workforce well after the exchange.
• Be in the early stages of their careers or professions.
• Reside in or be employed in the sending Rotary district, be a citizen of the United States, and be between the ages of 25 to 40.
• Be personable, articulate, cooperative, exemplary in their work, and enthusiastic about their vocation.
• Seek to gain a maximum educational value from the program, as well as be able to fulfill the rigorous demands of international travel and active participation in an extensive itinerary.
For each team member, Rotary provides a round-trip air ticket between the home and host countries. Local Rotarians in the host area provide meals, lodging and group travel in their district. Each team member is responsible for all personal and incidental expenses incurred before, during, and after the study tour.
If you live or work in the Palestine area, contact a member of any local Rotary club, or the District GSE Committee Chair John Delaney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by Sept. 30. Get an application and more information online at http://www.rotary.org/en/ServiceAndFellowship/Fellowship/GroupStudyExchange/Pages/ridefault.aspx or www.rotary5910.org