• APPROVED an AgriLife Extension Adjunct Faculty agreement for the 2013-14 school year.
• HEARD an update on the PISD Interlocal Agreement with the Palestine YMCA.
• HEARD an update on PISD's student iPad program.
• APPROVED the appointment of board member Janie Sepulveda as a trustee to serve as Anderson County Appraisal District representative.
• APPROVED the consent agenda, which included: minutes of the Sept. 16 board meeting, bills paid in September, financial report, monthly investment report, tax collection report, budget amendments and donations.
• HEARD a financial update from PISD Director of Business Services David Atkeisson.
• HEARD Superintendent's Report including: Northside Primary's new drop-off and pick-up locations for parents and buses, enrollment report, election information and update on Fall Team of Eight training.