By CHERIL VERNON
In conjunction with the Frost Fest activities this weekend, the Palestine Main Street District is inviting all ladies to come to downtown Palestine for Ladies Day Out from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday.
“The merchants of the Palestine Main Street District are putting on a premier shopping experience that is all about you, ladies,” said Laura Westgate, main street manager for the City of Palestine. “This is a new approach to the usual shopping promotion. The merchants are coming together to offer deals on items that will make great gifts this holiday season.”
The event highlights the unique services that the Palestine Main Street businesses have to offer. Each participating business will roll out a red carpet and decorate their door with red deco mesh. Doormen will greet the shoppers and each store will offer light snacks, beverages and Ladies Day Out sales.
Something different to the usual shopping experience this year is each location will offer a demonstration in their business that highlights what their products and services have to offer.
Demonstrations will include:
• Artifacts Vintage Finds, 400 N. Queen St. — “Scents to Compliment Your Home”
• Co-Ed Shop, 203 W. Main St. — “Scarves & Accessories: Bringing it all together”
• Duncan Depot, 106 W. Main St. — “Fine Furniture Restoration: Scratches Be Gone!”
• Flowers by Pat, 616 W. Oak St. — “How to Make the Perfect Holiday Bow”
• Gleason’s Computers, 208 W. Oak St. — “How To Properly Install Phone Screen Protectors & How to Properly Clean LCD Screens”
• Granny Muffin Wines & Texas Art Depot, 301 W. Oak St. — “Wine 101 - Food & Wine Pairings”
• Sew What!, 619 W. Oak St. — “007: Bonding Agent, Amazing Iron Cleaner & How to Make a Dishtowel in 5 min.”
• Kaibigan Asian Grocery, 308 W. Crawford St. — “Fresh Vietnamese Veggie Spring Roll”
• Mail & More, 210 W. Oak St. — “How to Pack Your Boxes for Holiday Shipping”
• Old Magnolia Sandwich & Coffee Shoppe, 120 W. Main St. — “How to Make the Perfect Latte”
• O’Sweet Pea, 105 W. Oak St. — “Appetizers featured in the PJSL Cookbook”
• Petal’s Florist & General Store, 302 E. Crawford St. — “Holiday Fresh Flower Arranging”
• Stephanie’s Salon & Boutique, 101 W. Main St. — “Holiday Beauty”
• Three Peaches, 316 W. Oak St. — “How To Make a Burlap Tree Skirt”
Other businesses are sharing in the Ladies Day Out shopping experience, like Blazer’s Books. You can pick up your map with a list of participating businesses at Palestine Visitor Center located at 825 W. Spring St.
“Downtown Palestine is the place to be this weekend,” City of Palestine Marketing Manager Lysa Gonzalez said. “Not only is Ladies Day Out happening, but Frost Fest will be going on all weekend as well. There will be plenty for the whole family to do. Women can finish up their shopping and take the kids out to the ice rink to make holiday family memories all in one location.”
In addition, Palestine’s special Golden Tickets can be used for 10 percent off at participating local businesses all through out Palestine.
“You can find one at participating merchants,” Gonzalez said.
For more information on Ladies Day Out visit www.PalestineTexas.net or www.facebook.com/palestinemainstreet, or call the Palestine Visitor Center at 903-723-3014.