Chili Pepper Stage
(Main Stage on Spring St.)
• 3 p.m. — Random Axis
• 5 p.m. — The Bigsby
• 6:30 p.m. — Scooter Brown
• 8 p.m. — Backseat Molly
• 9 p.m. — Hot Pepper Surprise
• 9:30 p.m. — Casey Donahew Band
• Noon — Professor Porkchop
• 3 p.m. — Pushwater
• 4 p.m. — Darc Thirty
(Family Stage, Downtown)
• 11 a.m. — Macho Pepper Eating Contest
• 11:15 — Dogwood Square Dancers
• 11:30 a.m. — Oli-Pena Costume Contest
• 11:45 a.m. — Confessions of St. Augustine
• 12:30 p.m. — Steps of Faith
• 12:45 p.m. — Parade winners announced
• 1 p.m. — Macho Pepper Eating Contest
• 1:15 p.m. — Confessions of St. Augustine
• 2 p.m. — Guppies from Outer Space
• 3 p.m. — Macho Pepper Eating Contest
• 3:15 p.m. — Guppies from Outer Space
Chili Pepper Stage
- Local Scene
Western athletes compete at 1836 Chuckwagon Races
The sharp crack of a gunshot slices the air, startling two mules and a mounted horse to take off in a dead run. Deterring the mules ever so slightly is a 300 lb. wagon, in which two passengers hang on for dear life and hope to be the fastest across 600 feet of pasture.
PISD joins national “innovation collaboration” project
Palestine Independent School District is at the forefront of a national research initiative highlighting creativity, innovation thinking and problem-solving learning in schools, according to a presentation made Thursday to the Palestine Area Chamber of Commerce.
Anderson County Sheriff acquires armored vehicle
Thanks to a joint program between the U.S. Department of Defense and local law enforcement, the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office has an intimidating new vehicle to operate – ready for braving only the worst of situations.
- Projecting Success
Allyson Mitchell wins county DA race
Anderson County will see its first female criminal district attorney this January, as newcomer candidate Allyson Mitchell defeated long time incumbent District Attorney Doug Lowe in the Republican Primary election on Tuesday.
- Anderson county voting totals
Dinner and dancing for a cause
Saturday night featured a menu of hors d'oeuvres, dinner, dance steps and steps to make a difference during the fifth annual Spring Bling Dinner and Dance, benefitting the Anderson County Blankets and Bears Children's Fund.
To the polls! Primary election takes place March 4; several local GOP races on the ballot
Early voting for the March 4 Primary Election has come to a close, and now those who didn't make it to the courthouse annex have just a few days to finalize their decisions on whose box to color in this Tuesday.
- Signs of spring
- Early voting ends Friday
- More Local Scene Headlines
- Western athletes compete at 1836 Chuckwagon Races