The 10th day of the City of Palestine’s 12 Days of Christmas in July celebration kicks off today and is continuing with several yuletide-themed events through Monday.
Saturday’s festivities will include Palestine Main Street’s “Christmas in July” shopping specials, a Pop-Up Art Gallery, a Grape Stomp Festival, the second weekend of the Palestine Community Theatre’s production of “Annie” and more.
Among the activities on Sunday is another visit from St. Nick. Santa Claus will be cooling off during his summer daycation at the Splashpark at Reagan Park.
Events will culminate on the final day, Monday, when the holiday event schedule and courthouse lawn Christmas decoration theme will be announced.
Here is a schedule of events:
• Holiday Shopping on Palestine Main Street — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Downtown, Old Town and the Courthouse Square offer historic architecture, shopping, antiques, restaurants and more. Enjoy “Christmas in July” specials at select retailers.
• Pop-Up Art Gallery — noon to 6 p.m. An innovative gallery that will “pop-up” for one weekend, featuring local and regional artists, and then disappear until Christmas. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. For more information contact the Visitor Center at 903-723-3014 (Opening Reception from 4 to 6 p.m.). Location: 112 W. Oak St.
• Piney Woods Steam Excursion on The Texas State Railroad — 11 a.m. departure from the Palestine Depot. For tickets contact the Texas State Railroad at 877-726-7245. Location: Texas State Railroad Palestine Depot, 789 Park Road 70.
• Withrow Cooley & Friends Live at Sweet Dreams Winery — 5 to 7 p.m. Live music, award winning wines, and a relaxed country setting. Location: Sweet Dreams Winery, 2549 ACR 441.
• Grape Stomp Festival – Sabor a Pasion Country House & Bistro — 3 to 10 p.m. Grape Stomp, food and wine vendors, live music and lots of fun. $20 advance tickets, $25 on-site (903-729-9500). Advance tickets available at Sabor a Pasion, Texas Art Depot in Palestine & Sweet Gourmet in Tyler. Portion of the proceeds benefit the Montalba and Elmwood volunteer fire departments. Location: Sabor a Pasion Country House & Bistro, 100 ACR 406.
• “Annie” — The Palestine Community Theatre presents “Annie” live at the Texas Theater. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. For tickets, call 903-723-8383. Location: Texas Theater, 213 W. Crawford St.