COOKING WITH SIMON: Don’t forget the Valentine’s Day flowers
Happy Valentine’s weekend! Well, at least for those of you who remembered it was Valentine’s and at the very least bought a card. Otherwise you may be spending the weekend in the doghouse.
- INSTANT MESSAGE: The goal of our faith
- EAST TEXAN ADVICE COLUMN: What is spam?
- INSTANT MESSAGE: Return to paradise
COOKING WITH SIMON: Keeping warm with healthy, hearty soups
The groundhog saw his shadow so it looks like we are in for a few more weeks of winter. I am hoping he might be wrong because some trees are already starting to bud and I am ready to get busy cutting back the grapevines, planting vegetables and doing the spring pruning.
- EAST TEXAS ADVICE COLUMN: East Texas food groups
- INSTANT MESSAGE: Finding the lost sheep
COOKING WITH SIMON: A green thumb for green vegetables
It might be cold outside, but there’s still a lot of work to be done – outside. I’ve been clearing a lot of dead brush and trees and finally – after years of talking about it – also got the land cleared for a proper vegetable garden.
- MOVIE REVIEW: ‘I, Frankenstein’ embarrassing
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: Fox-Pessoney House
The home of Mr. and Mrs. A. S. Fox was regarded as one of the most socially elegant homes in Palestine. It was the scene of many receptions and open houses.
- More Opinion Headlines
- COOKING WITH SIMON: Don’t forget the Valentine’s Day flowers