The U.S. Space and Rocket Center launches 5,000 model rockets in an effort to break a Guinness World Record on the 50th anniversary of the launch of the Apollo 11 mission that sent the first men to the moon.
The Huntsville Pinto All-Stars won two of their first three games this weekend at the Region Tournament in Friendswood. With a win on Sunday, the team will secure a trip to the Pinto World Series in Youngsville, Louisiana.
The Huntsville Mustang All-Stars bounced back with two wins on Saturday, after dropping their Region Tournament opener on Friday night. With a win on Sunday, the team will clinch a spot at the Zone Tournament in Deer Park later this month.
Saturday's Juneteenth celebration at the courthouse square included a parade with winners of the 2019 Juneteenth pageant. In this video, Precinct 2 Justice of the Peace Carl Davis and County Commissioner Rashad Mims explain why we should still celebrate Juneteenth.
This Week's Circulars
- City raises average water rates by 56 percent
- Historical figure with local ties gets annual holiday
- RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS: Couple finds unique way to brighten days
- Harris assumes dual role at Westwood: Volleyball and girls basketball
- Palestine woman, 84, arrested for 1984 murder
- PPD bust leads to drugs, weapons, and theft charges
- Berryhill to lead Westwood softball team
- Let’s Go Palestine: Tuesday, July 16 — Monday, July 22
- PHP EDITORIAL: Ode to an irreplaceable public servant
- Grapeland homicide case resumes three years later