FAIRFIELD -- The Grapeland Sandies 2019 campaign closed Friday against defending 2A state champions Mart, 59-8.
PALESTINE – The Westwood Panther band placed fourth at area and are advancing to the University Interscholastic League state marching competition in San Antonio.
Palestine Police arrested Fred Williams, Oscar Oliver and Shanethia Hollis on multiple drug charges following the execution of a search warrant late Tuesday night, Feb. 2.
A steady stream of evacuees seeking shelter flooded through Anderson County Tuesday as Texans evacuated the state’s coastal area in anticipation of Hurricane Laura.
Two years ago, Anderson County Commissioner Rashad Mims sat across from American civil rights icon John Lewis at the nation's capital in a moment he said he will take with him for the rest of his life.
Several Anderson County school districts voted this past week voted not to allow its students who use remote learning to participate in University Interscholastic League events and other elective courses.
Exactly three years ago, I was preparing for my first day as editor of the Palestine Herald-Press. Having just drove in from my beloved Detroit, I checked into a local motel and looked for some tunes on the radio – maybe a little jazz, Hip-hop, R&B or even classical.
A couple of weeks ago, I wrote an article thanking the public for distancing, wearing face masks, and practicing good hygiene to mitigate the coronavirus in Palestine and Anderson County. On June 24, the county reported only 20 active cases.
Tuesday was a bad day for Anderson County's battle against COVID-19. The county reported its first death from the coronavirus, along with a record 16 new cases. Those 16 cases bring the total number of confirmed cases in Anderson County to 194, including a record 98 active cases.
Memorial service for James "Snoot" Jones, 77, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022 in Palestine. Services will be held on Sat., Jan. 22, 2022 at Emanuel Funeral Home of Palestine at 11 a.m. Emanuel Funeral Home of Palestine will handle funeral arrangements.
- Palestine man charged with intoxicated manslaughter
- Police investigate fatal pedestrian accident
- Palestine officials respond to protest
- High school football: All-Pine Empire Football Team
- Watson runs for Anderson County Judge
- Community rallies together against hate
- Palestine High School closes due to staff illness
- Local teacher turned author explores faith in supernatural fiction
- COLUMN: Recollections of Jacksonville: Longhorns Come To Town and Other Memories
- High school powerlifting: Elkhart boys, girls sweep hosted invitational
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.