A very colorful hunting season kicks off this weekend in Anderson County with plenty of business, organizations and churches hosting Easter egg hunts this Saturday and Sunday.
Kicking off the weekend is First United Methodist Church in Palestine will host its annual Easter egg hunt and festival at 10 a.m. Saturday on the church grounds, located at 422 S. Magnolia St. Activities include egg hunts for toddlers through age 4, ages 5 through 8 and ages 9 through 12. Face painting, inflatable slide, bounce house and games and well as free hot dogs and snow cones also are included in the event.
New Life Worship Center in west Palestine will host an Easter “Eggstravaganza” after its 10:30 a.m. services on Sunday. The event includes a free lunch and egg hunt — with door prizes, egg prizes and some bikes and gift cards — as well as games, food and bounce houses.
For more information about First United Methodist Church’s Easter Festival, visit online at www.fumcpalestine.org or contact the church office at 903-729-6205. More information on New Life Worship Center’s Eggstravaganza can be obtained by calling 903-729-6016.
Other Saturday events include:
• Walmart Supercenter will host its annual egg hunt at 10 a.m. for children up to age 12 at the back of the building. Over 4,000 eggs will be prepared for the hunt, with prize eggs redeemable for gift cards. The Easter bunny will be on site and photos with the Easter bunny can still be taken in the photo lab.
• Lone Pine Baptist Church, 299 N US Highway 287, Palestine will decorate eggs for hunting at 10:30 a.m. in the family life center. Participants are asked to bring hard boiled eggs to dye and decorate at the church. The Easter story will be shared and goodie bags will be given to all the children.
• South Union Baptist Church, 807 S Dorrance St., Palestine will hold an egg hunt at noon.
• The VFW Post 3907 Ladies Auxiliary will hosting and Easter egg hunt from 1-3 p.m. at the post, 3800 W. Oak St. The hunt will be divided into three age groups, infant to age 12.
• Elkhart FUMC, 202 E. Parker St., Elkhart will hold an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. for all children in the community.
• Faith Temple Ministries, 686 N. U.S. 75, Fairfield will celebrate its 2nd Annual Community Easter egg hunt with free prizes, food and drinks after the play at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Sunday Easter events include:
• First Presbyterian Church, 410 Ave. A, Palestine will hold an hunt at 10 a.m. Children should bring their own Easter baskets if possible. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Montalba Christian Church, Texas 19, Montalba, will hold its Easter egg hunt at 10:15 a.m. on the church grounds.
• Tennessee Colony Church, Highways 645 and 321, Tennessee Colony will hold a potluck lunch and egg hunt after the 10:45 a.m. services at the community center.
• Broyles Chapel Baptist Church, 130 ACR 425, Palestine will hold an Easter egg hunt and luncheon following the 11 a.m. Sunday service.
• Calvary Baptist Church, 703 E. Gillespie Rd., Palestine will have an egg hunt after the 11 a.m. Sunday service for kids up through the sixth grade.
• First Assembly of God Church 319 U.S. 287 S., Elkhart will hold its Easter egg hunt and covered dish fellowship luncheon after the 11 a.m. Sunday service. For more information, call 903-764-5484 or 903-729-8188.
• The Antioch Church, 907 E. Murchison St., Palestine will hold an Easter egg hunt at 12:30 p.m. following morning services for children ages 3-12 years. An Easter basket will be provided for each child.
• Cornerstone Worship Center, 1605 Missouri St., Palestine will hold a potluck dinner and Easter egg hunt following its morning service. For more information, call 903-729-6896.
Mary Rainwater may be reached via e-mail at email@example.com