Three Dogwood Circle boys’ basketball teams — Fairfield, Frankston and Neches — will start the 2006 University Interscholastic League playoffs tonight.
The Fairfield Eagles will play in the Class 3A-Region III bi-district playoffs against Waco-Robinson at 8 p.m. in Italy. Fairfield finished second in District 18-3A while Robinson was third in District 17-3A.
The Frankston Indians will play in the Class 2A-Region III bi-district playoffs against Centerville at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Fairfield. Frankston was the runner up in District 21-2A after losing a tiebreaker Friday night against Malakoff while Centerville finished third in District 22-2A.
The Neches Tigers will play in the Class A, Division II, Region IV bi-district playoffs against Chireno at 7 p.m. at Woden High School. Neches was the runner up in District 25-A while Chireno was the District 26-A champions. Chireno finished in a three-way tie for first place and had to win games on Thursday and Friday to secure the district title.
This Week's Circulars
RL Starr, 85, of Angleton passed away February 19,2020. Services will be Saturday,February 22,2020 at Starr Cemetery with visitation beginning at 10:00am and graveside service at 10:30am. Arrangements under the direction of Herrington/Land of Memory. View online: www.herringtonfuneral.com.
- Nurse faces death penalty in hospital deaths
- Warrant out for L.G. Gray
- Soul food: A history of delicious
- City Council elections cancelled
- Sheridan's star burns bright in Night Clerk
- Elkhart ISD hires new athletic director
- Homeless man shot in face
- Gray's probation violations include unpaid fees
- County likely to become 2nd Amendment sanctuary
- Grapeland coach arrested for sexual abuse