The Mineral Wells Crazy Sign has arrived in town. Installation will take place at night on US 180. Watch for detours around downtown Thursday night and Friday morning. This is a project of Mineral Wells Leadership Class 24. The sign is a throwback to a similar one that spanned US 180 a few blocks to the east of where the new one will be erected.
As featured on
Mineral Wells embraces crazy. So much so a massive sign touting that has been recreated and being re-erected across a highway downtown a couple of blocks from where the original sign stood for many decades now more than half a century ago.
This Week's Circulars
Graveside Services for Henry Hailey will be Saturday, March 28,2020 at Hopewell Cemetery, Centerville, Texas, 12:00 p.m. Emanuel Funeral Home Crockett Texas will be in charge.
Jimmy Lee Thompson Sr., 78, of Tennessee Colony passed away Monday, March 23, 2020 at his home. Private burial will be Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at Chambers-Day Cemetery under the direction of Herrington/Land of Memory Funeral Home. View online at www.herringtonfuneral.com
- City drug bust leads to felony arrests
- Regional COVID-19 cases rising quickly
- Trump premature on COVID-19, locals say
- Anderson County declared state of disaster
- New restaurant stops fretting, starts serving
- County extends disaster declaration
- City offers temporary water, trash relief
- Social movement continues to grow
- Former officers wary of TDCJ response to COVID-19
- Virtual meeting may have violated Open Meetings Act